Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- 17 true state encyclopedias
- Mimic Am Jur. 2d and C.J.S. in format
- Limited in scope (to one jurisdiction)
- Include many more cites to statutes than Am.Jur.2d & C.J.S.
- Generally include references to other works from the same publisher
- Extremely useful if there is one for your state
- Missouri has no true encyclopedia but does have a Missouri Practice Series
- Check Westlaw and Lexis for state encyclopedia coverage
Example: New York Jurisprudence
Example: California Jurisprudence